Jargon Buster

Andy - The man behind the funny, also Store Manager
Me - Doing his dirty work
BP - British Petroleum
CSA - Customer (S - Dont Know) (A - Not too sure)
Solihull - A place
HHT - ( Something ) ( Something ) Terminal
BP M&S - Sells food, fuel, booze, no clothes, definitely no ponies
Undertaker - Andy's Neighbour
Ennit - Brummie Slang for Isn't It ( I think )

Anything Else - Go back to school!

Literate Illiterates

The thick fog lay over the m40 like a blanket, visibility was down to less than 5 feet. Cars overtaking would quickly vanish into the distance and my rear view mirror revealed nothing but the occasional ghostly shape looming from the wall of grey....... and then I started to see the digital display signs, their lights flashing a dance of warning on the central reservation....I couldn't make out what it said due to the lack of visibility and had to wait until I was near upon it before I could finally read the word, …... FOG.....it said, in bright luminescence.

How very helpful I thought, thankfully I can read, but imagine how many illiterate drivers became confused?

No comments:

Post a Comment