Jargon Buster

Andy - The man behind the funny, also Store Manager
Me - Doing his dirty work
BP - British Petroleum
CSA - Customer (S - Dont Know) (A - Not too sure)
Solihull - A place
HHT - ( Something ) ( Something ) Terminal
BP M&S - Sells food, fuel, booze, no clothes, definitely no ponies
Undertaker - Andy's Neighbour
Ennit - Brummie Slang for Isn't It ( I think )

Anything Else - Go back to school!

Cross My Way

Changing a planogram I laid my stuff out carefully so as to avoid obstructing our beloved customers, I worked back against an area of the shop without product and therefore (theoretically) somewhere customers didn't need to walk, after all there were 3 different routes to take to get past me.

After the 14th customer had barged their way past me.......one large lady even 'bottomed' me as I was slightly off balanced , literally striking me with one of her ample cheeks, the left I believe, and I almost ended up in the chiller...... the end of my tether was firmly in sight and when an elderly gentleman(!) not only barged past but then tried to come back the same way I snapped!

I grabbed him forcibly by the arm and performed a citizens arrest......obstructing a retailer about his retail duties.......and, placing him in a non-confrontational headlock I was able to bind his hands with cable ties until the police arrived. The police were unaware of the law relating to 'obstructing a retailer about his retail duties' but with a new coalition Government in place and a strong desire to go to lunch, were prepared to take my word for it. Police time is far too precious to waste on things such as facts.

While the first part of this tale did indeed happen and has happened 44 times before (apart maybe from the ladies cheek assault which was a first for me), the remainder was,sadly, in my head alone. I did not accost any elderly gentlemen and the police didn't come when called, these are fantasies I must learn to overcome.......note to self, get better fantasies asap......

No comments:

Post a Comment