Jargon Buster

Andy - The man behind the funny, also Store Manager
Me - Doing his dirty work
BP - British Petroleum
CSA - Customer (S - Dont Know) (A - Not too sure)
Solihull - A place
HHT - ( Something ) ( Something ) Terminal
BP M&S - Sells food, fuel, booze, no clothes, definitely no ponies
Undertaker - Andy's Neighbour
Ennit - Brummie Slang for Isn't It ( I think )

Anything Else - Go back to school!

Psssst .......

Considering all the hoopla recently when M and S changed the name of Food to go to Food on the Move.....yes people you read right, hoopla, when M and S change something we get badgered about it for a month.....it surprised me somewhat that we didn't actually tell the customers? Or if we did I missed it, far too busy reading e mails about it and emails about the emails followed by reminders not to forget the emails etc etc.

Anyway, in my own small way I decided to put this right and at lunch time each day I've been sidling up to people choosing sandwiches and saying, "pssst, have you heard the news?" to which they reply "er what news?" "food to go is now food on the move!" I try to deliver it in as excited a tone as I can manage....

I have to say people were decidedly non plussed by the exciting news. No one has any sense of theatre anymore, if only they knew the creativity, work and man hours that go into these name changes. Committees were formed, meeting upon meeting attended and literature a plenty was printed and sent. "Sod plan b the trees can fend for themselves we must send out acres of bumph"

The customers seemed pretty disturbed by my sidling I must confess, (perhaps the psssting was a step to far?), which I suppose as advertising gambits go isn't a patch on the girl in her underwear gamboling round the woods! I wonder if she knows about food on the move or how she feels about sidling?

No comments:

Post a Comment