Jargon Buster

Andy - The man behind the funny, also Store Manager
Me - Doing his dirty work
BP - British Petroleum
CSA - Customer (S - Dont Know) (A - Not too sure)
Solihull - A place
HHT - ( Something ) ( Something ) Terminal
BP M&S - Sells food, fuel, booze, no clothes, definitely no ponies
Undertaker - Andy's Neighbour
Ennit - Brummie Slang for Isn't It ( I think )

Anything Else - Go back to school!

Chilled Out

Wandering the outer reaches of Arctic Solihull(aisle 3) I happened across 2 members of the customer species in an apparently somewhat distressed state. "Ho Customer types", I greeted them cheerily," I cant help noticing you appear top be in a somewhat distressed state, may I offer my assistance in anyway?"

"cccccold.....sssssssso.....fffffffar....from.... hhhhhhh" they struggled to reply. "ahh said I" for I now understood their plight, "Never fear dear customers for I am here now and I will lead you to safety and, more importantly, warmth" Later, as they recovered,(with the lack of an instore Brandy carrying St Bernard, we effect heat restoration with the aid of 2 strategically strapped wbc sausage rolls, 1 under each arm pit does the trick) and I regaled them with tales of my retail derring do, they asked me a question. " how do you manage the cold, it doesn't seem to affect you at all?"

"aha" I chortled,(I'd always wanted to chortle one day and had been saving this one up) " the secret is, I and in fact all our staff, are protected by the warm glow of BP's love!"

No comments:

Post a Comment