Jargon Buster

Andy - The man behind the funny, also Store Manager
Me - Doing his dirty work
BP - British Petroleum
CSA - Customer (S - Dont Know) (A - Not too sure)
Solihull - A place
HHT - ( Something ) ( Something ) Terminal
BP M&S - Sells food, fuel, booze, no clothes, definitely no ponies
Undertaker - Andy's Neighbour
Ennit - Brummie Slang for Isn't It ( I think )

Anything Else - Go back to school!

Is This M&S

'Hello Bp Solihull'

Long pause followed by “oh, is that m&s? ”

“its a bp m&s”

“what?”

“a bp m&s, we're a bp AND an m&s simply food”

“ohh” long pause. ...”could I check some trousers.....”

“Sorry we don't sell trousers”

“oh, when did you stop selling trousers?”

“We've never actually sold trousers”

long pause “but I always buy my trousers from m&s?”

“yes, we only do the food aspect of m&s”

An exasperated sigh is followed by, “I specifically asked if you were an m&s and you said yes!”

Before I could defend myself he hung up!

30 seconds later the phone rings again

“hello bp Solihull”

The same voice asks, “ is that m&s?”

“no sorry this is a laundrette”

No comments:

Post a Comment