Jargon Buster

Andy - The man behind the funny, also Store Manager
Me - Doing his dirty work
BP - British Petroleum
CSA - Customer (S - Dont Know) (A - Not too sure)
Solihull - A place
HHT - ( Something ) ( Something ) Terminal
BP M&S - Sells food, fuel, booze, no clothes, definitely no ponies
Undertaker - Andy's Neighbour
Ennit - Brummie Slang for Isn't It ( I think )

Anything Else - Go back to school!

The Last Pair

Sunday pm, tills are all on busy as a busy thing in busy town and the phone rings.......

I get to it on the 37th ring and an exasperated,and posh, sounding lady says,

“H'well AT laaaast, good lord I thought M&S valued customers, I've let that ring 38 times (one of us is lying) and finally you answer”

“ahh, I'm sorry for your wait, we are rather busy on the tills”

“Humphh, h'well anyway, I h'want you to check some trousers”

“err, we're........” was as far as I got before she interjected with,

“only you had them laaast year and I h'want a new pair in size 10.”

after a pause “Ok hold the line I'll check for you”

I went and looked at the carwash fill levels

I did the dcd check

I chatted a little with the undertaker next door. (small talk with an undertaker...hows business?....)

I did a litter pick amble around the forecourt before finally returning to the office and,

“hello?”

“FINALLY, well?”

“sorry, we JUST and I mean JUST sold the last pair!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment