Jargon Buster

Andy - The man behind the funny, also Store Manager
Me - Doing his dirty work
BP - British Petroleum
CSA - Customer (S - Dont Know) (A - Not too sure)
Solihull - A place
HHT - ( Something ) ( Something ) Terminal
BP M&S - Sells food, fuel, booze, no clothes, definitely no ponies
Undertaker - Andy's Neighbour
Ennit - Brummie Slang for Isn't It ( I think )

Anything Else - Go back to school!

Raised Brow

Noticeably missing a member of staff I went off searching for the errant employee. 10 or so minutes went by before she finally emerged from the bathroom, somewhat sheepish looking as she caught my exasperated expression. “ You’ve been gone for half an hour, what on earth were you doing in there?”

Obviously I ask this question reservedly but when you’ve just arrived at work and you adjourn to the facilities for the first half hour, then the manager has a right to ask…I think….

“ I was drawing my eyebrows” she replied…..“ Umm…what?” I asked, as I was convinced I had misheard the drawing part…… “ I don’t have any eyebrows and I’d not had time to draw some on before leaving the house” . It transpired that she had attempted to dye the things once upon a time and the process had gone ary, chemically depriving her of her eyebrows.

Now, I’m not the most observant bloke ( key word ..bloke) but I must confess there had been occasions when ( I know now) it was clear she had drawn them on too high. At the time I remember wondering why everything I said to her seemed to render her utterly shocked, I'd say the must mundane thing and the eyebrows would shoot skyward. Turns out they’d been skyward all along.

At this juncture I had to express, in a somewhat bemused fashion that, although I sympathised with her plight I had to insist that she a) arrived on time and b) preferably with eyebrows. I was admittedly curious as well and almost suggested googling online in the hope that…maybe….someone had invented prosthetic ones? … I’ve checked, they don’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment