Jargon Buster

Andy - The man behind the funny, also Store Manager
Me - Doing his dirty work
BP - British Petroleum
CSA - Customer (S - Dont Know) (A - Not too sure)
Solihull - A place
HHT - ( Something ) ( Something ) Terminal
BP M&S - Sells food, fuel, booze, no clothes, definitely no ponies
Undertaker - Andy's Neighbour
Ennit - Brummie Slang for Isn't It ( I think )

Anything Else - Go back to school!

Missed It

With a candidate having passed the gruelling process of the select direct telephone call(!), we invited him down for the in store assessment. Through an accident of bad planning I was here when he came and, (reluctantly) feeling I should show willing, I decided to have a brief chat before proceeding,

“So what interests you about working for bp?”

“I was told its good ennit”

“Ummm right, who told you that then?”

“dunno”

“you 'dunno' who told you or you don't understand the question?”

“nahh was probably a friend ennit”

“Right. Have you worked in retail before?”

“i wuz a painter ennit”

“Portraits or landscapes?”

“nah houses ennit” (OK so the joke was bad but.....)

At this point I felt it high time he moved onto the assessment while I went for a lie down...ennit.

Surprisingly he failed and we're gutted to have missed out on such potential, the back fence could certainly do with a lick of paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment