Jargon Buster

Andy - The man behind the funny, also Store Manager
Me - Doing his dirty work
BP - British Petroleum
CSA - Customer (S - Dont Know) (A - Not too sure)
Solihull - A place
HHT - ( Something ) ( Something ) Terminal
BP M&S - Sells food, fuel, booze, no clothes, definitely no ponies
Undertaker - Andy's Neighbour
Ennit - Brummie Slang for Isn't It ( I think )

Anything Else - Go back to school!

Waterproof

Recruiting for new staff we received 2 applicants via the Recruitment line.Having phoned one of them to arrange an assessment, without any hassle, I proceeded to ring the second, a gentleman who I shall call Englebert for the purposes of this e-mail.The call went something like this, I dialled the mobile number given, it rang twice and was answered in a shout, Englebert: YEAH? Me:Hello, this is Andy store manager at bp Kings Norton,I'm calling with regard your application for the csa position. Englebert: YEAH? Me: ummm, I'd like to arrange a suitable time for an assessment? Engelbert sighs deeply and shouts into the phone, LOOK,I'LL HAVE TO CALL YOU BACK, I'M IN THE SHOWER. Me...ok...umm....i mean what? Engelbert : I'M IN THE SHOWER.... CLICK ....He didn't actually shout click, that was the sound of him simultaneously ending the call and any chance he ever had of working at Kings Norton. Do they even make water proof mobiles? He never did call back anyway, probably couldn't find a waterproof pen and paper with which to write himself a reminder!

No comments:

Post a Comment