Jargon Buster

Andy - The man behind the funny, also Store Manager
Me - Doing his dirty work
BP - British Petroleum
CSA - Customer (S - Dont Know) (A - Not too sure)
Solihull - A place
HHT - ( Something ) ( Something ) Terminal
BP M&S - Sells food, fuel, booze, no clothes, definitely no ponies
Undertaker - Andy's Neighbour
Ennit - Brummie Slang for Isn't It ( I think )

Anything Else - Go back to school!

Retail Radio

Retail radio is destroying my soul!

I really cannot abide any more radio friendly easy listening played incessantly throughout my day,and as for Gary the wild bean guy! How did this guy get the job? He delivers his script with all the passion of a wet rag. “We're passionate about coffee” No your not Gary no your not! If he pauses between lines one more time I'm throwing a csa at the speakers.....a big one at that! No names........

Maybe retail radios awfulness is the reason people who queue perfectly normally anywhere else suddenly develop schizoid tendencies when asked to do so at bp? They hop from foot to foot, angry eyes glaring at the poor ol' csa's.

'How dare they be serving someone else/filling stock or picking their noses, time is money and I'm in a queue doing my irate gorilla'

Thankfully I have the new M&S fruit naming policy to cheer me up.(!) The names have been 'funkyfied' to jazz up the range....FRUITY BEAUTY.....MANGO MADNESS and MElONOMA MELONS......I think I may have made the last one up? .Unfortunately as you can no doubt tell, M&S going funky is somewhat akin to your nan doing the Prodigy's Firestarter at some God awful family gathering and, either way your getting to see M&S' s bloomers and thats neither funky NOR healthy for any of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment