Jargon Buster

Andy - The man behind the funny, also Store Manager
Me - Doing his dirty work
BP - British Petroleum
CSA - Customer (S - Dont Know) (A - Not too sure)
Solihull - A place
HHT - ( Something ) ( Something ) Terminal
BP M&S - Sells food, fuel, booze, no clothes, definitely no ponies
Undertaker - Andy's Neighbour
Ennit - Brummie Slang for Isn't It ( I think )

Anything Else - Go back to school!

Failure In Disguise

On that note, I've bought an ancient and enormous old overcoat from the carboot (proper carboot not Sammy n Fagoons strange carboot) a huge overcoat that'll fit everyone working here (not all at once ..separately of course) to wear while they purchase their lunches. This should avoid the dirty looks and/or inane queries from customers, one would hope but I think my cunning disguise will be seen through. There must be a 'staff member walk' that we all do?

"Drive through?" I replied, I'm afraid not. I was in fact thinking, great here we go again, another fruit loop.

"no drive through?" He repeated, increasingly desperately it seemed. Not as desperately as I wanted him to go away so I could continue queing for my lunch, this overcoats boiling not to mention itchy.

"umm no?"

"No drive through nuts, peanuts?"

Light slowly started to dawn as he repeated that last sentence again

"DRIED FRUIT!" Eureka I had cracked his secret code!

"YES!" he exclaimed with relief, "drive through!"

"I'll show you" I replied and led him off to the 'drive through' outsized overcoat sweeping the floor as we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment