Jargon Buster

Andy - The man behind the funny, also Store Manager
Me - Doing his dirty work
BP - British Petroleum
CSA - Customer (S - Dont Know) (A - Not too sure)
Solihull - A place
HHT - ( Something ) ( Something ) Terminal
BP M&S - Sells food, fuel, booze, no clothes, definitely no ponies
Undertaker - Andy's Neighbour
Ennit - Brummie Slang for Isn't It ( I think )

Anything Else - Go back to school!

Grease Lighting

M&S chillers have big 'black ' bumpers at the front, you might reasonably ask why as they don't actually go anywhere but if you had seen our demons on wheels aka old people in electric buggies, then perhaps you would understand.

These alledgedly black bumpers have always been more of a charcoal grey as nothing used to clean them ever does, until that is a bright spark manager in Scotland thought of baby oil! This is obviously great that we finally have something which returns our bumpers to pristine blackness but, I have to wonder, what kind of mind thinks of baby oil in a retail situation? “Faded bumpers? H'mm yes, it has to be baby oil.”

I can only assume said Scottish manager is experienced in oiling and I mean of course the oiling of babies .......and bumpers obviously......... My only perplexity now is how to word the note to the night guy .....'I want you to buy some baby oil' ........That could lead to some confusion so I'm glad I'm not the one locked in alone with him! I imagine too that audit will want the cleaning pay out explained? “ personal use?” .... No no Leslie, I'm far too busy today maybe next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment